The simplest and best dessert for hot days is this Easy Greek Frozen Yogurt. It's naturally sugar-free and gluten-free and is absolutely refreshing and adaptable!
Easy Greek Frozen Yogurt Recipe
This quick and easy homemade frozen yogurt recipe could hardly be easier. Just two ingredients are all you need to create a healthy dessert than will satisfy any craving. Greek yogurt is one of my favorite things to eat and when you whirl it with frozen fruit it turns into a wonderfully tart frozen yogurt that you can make in minutes.
You can use any frozen fruit you like in this recipe, making it as versatile as it is healthy and delicious. Cherries and raspberries are my preferred combination, although when I'm in the mood to go tarter I do just raspberries. But you can't go wrong with any fruit you like -- strawberries, peaches, blueberries, nectarines ... the possibilities are endless. And there's no added sugar beyond the fruit's natural sweetness, so if you need a little something more, a drizzle of honey or maple syrup should do the trick.
Why You'll Love It
- Healthy. Greek yogurt is high in calcium and protein (plus it tastes really really good), making this a healthy dessert choice. And the fruit! Fruit is nature's sweet gift, making this frozen yogurt naturally added sugar-free yet still slightly sweet.
- Easy. Frozen fruit is blended with creamy Greek yogurt to make a dessert that takes only minutes to make. Keep Greek yogurt in your fridge and frozen fruit in your fridge to have handy anytime you want a quick dessert.
- Versatile. You can throw in any frozen fruit you feel like having, or do a combination!
- Greek Yogurt: You can use whole-fat or low-fat Greek yogurt.
- Frozen Fruit: Any combination of frozen fruit works here!
- Maple Syrup or Honey: If you want a bit more sweetness, use maple syrup or honey.
How to Make Greek Frozen Yogurt
- Blend. Place the frozen fruit and Greek yogurt in a blender or food processor and process until very smooth.
- Taste and add sweetener. Taste the frozen yogurt and drizzle in a little honey or maple syrup if you wish. Blend once more to incorporate.
This frozen yogurt is best eaten as soon as it's made, but if you want to make it in advance, store it in an airtight, freezer-safe container in the freezer. You'll want to let it soften slightly on the counter before serving.
Greek Frozen Yogurt
- 1 blender or food processor
- 2 cups frozen fruit of choice
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- maple syrup or honey optional
- Place fruit and yogurt in a blender or food processor and process until very smooth and creamy. It will have the consistency of soft serve ice cream.
- Taste the frozen yogurt and drizzle in a little honey or maple syrup if you wish. Blend once more to incorporate.
Adorable and beautiful child!
This sounds very delicious...love the frozen fruit part.....would you freeze nectarines also? Another healthy alternative to sugar and fat.