Maple Sugar Shortbread
Buttery, rich with maple sugar, these shortbread cookies will have you reaching for just one more.
- ½ cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- ½ cup maple sugar or sugar
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 ¼ cup/130 g gluten-free oat flour or sorghum flour
- In a large bowl, using a hand or stand mixer, whip the butter until light. Add the sugar and beat together until fluffy. Beat in the vanilla and salt. With the mixer on low, add the flour and beat until just combined. Gently bring together the dough with your hands and knead a few times to bring together in a smooth ball.
- Place the dough on a large sheet of parchment paper. Roll into a log about 1 inch in diameter, then roll up in the parchment. Place in the fridge for at least one hour or up to 12 hours.
- Heat oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Unroll the dough and use a sharp knife to cut the log into ½-inch rounds. Place on baking sheet, place sheet in oven, and bake for about 10 minutes, until cookies are just golden brown on the bottom. Remove from oven, let cool on pan for 5 minutes, then place on a rack to cool completely.
- Cookies will keep in an air-tight container at room temperature for 5 days.
Serving: 1 cookieCalories: 92kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 1gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.2gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0.2gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 16mgPotassium: 46mgFiber: 1gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 142IUCalcium: 11mgIron: 0.4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply